Monday, June 29, 2009

The Dog

A story written together by Caleb and Callie.

The dog can see me.
The dog runs fast.
The dog takes a nap.
The dog will never stop loving me.
The dog is two years old.
He is a puppy.
He is a Chihuahua.
He is a Golden Retriever, too.
The dog turned three yesterday.
The dog likes being outside.
The dog is happy.
He likes to eat cats.
The dog is outside.
Sometimes he has to take a bath.
I can see a dog.
I can see a dog, too.
The dog likes to play.
In the winter he stays inside.
He lives in a ripped-up house.
He loves his house.
The dog looks at the moon.
He barks at it, too.
Then he gets tired.
It goes to bed.
It licks me, and he loves me very much.

The End

3 comments:

Julie Nolte Owen said...

I love dogs. There is a really good collection of poems about dogs by Joyce Sidman. She writes the poems, and teens write reflections about dogs. Look it up! She is one of my favorite poets for children (and adults).

That was a good idea to write a joint story/poem!

Carrie Bevell Partridge said...

Totally their own idea.

Flower Power said...

Cute idea guys!!!
I love it!!!