Saturday, April 25, 2009

Quick Changes

On April 24,2009, our largest caterpillar Buddy was in his container eating as usual. I predicted that he would be the first one to fly away. He was eating a lot of milkweed and was getting bigger and fatter.

This morning on April 25,2009, I walked up to the kitchen, and Buddy was in a J! I waited for my mom to get up. When she came up to the kitchen, she was so amazed!

An hour and a half later, Buddy was in a chrysalis! I was awestruck! It happened so quickly I didn't see it happen. I was watching cartoons in the family room, and my mom was in the office. We didn't realize it would happen so fast. Next time, we will watch!

Now I know for sure that he will be the first one to fly away! Winslow will probably be next.

Photos taken by Flower Power.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Fr. Bryan Owen said...

Great work, Flower Power!

Jen said...

This is so exciting! It must be really amazing to watch them grow from tiny caterpillars into chrysalis-building caterpillars... Thank you for sharing this story!!

kkegley13 said...

Cool pictures, great story! Thanks for posting the link on FB, Bryan.

kkegley13 said...

Great pictures and good story! Thanks for posting the link on FB, Bryan! My granddaughter is "hatching" butterflies.