Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Winged Miracle

This morning at 10:00 am, Buddy came out of his chrysalis. I was excited! My mom, my brother, and I wanted to find out if it was a male or a female. We googled on the Internet and found a page that showed what the male and the female look like. A male has two black dots on his lower wings. A female has thicker veins. We found out that Buddy is a female! My brother named it Matilda.

I made up a poem for Matilda:

Spread Your Wings

Spread your wings my friend,
Lift them up to the sky,
Flap them in the wind,
Take off and start to fly.

Matilda is outside hanging on a chair. I am going to read my poem to her and see if she will fly!

Photos taken by my mom.
Poem and story by Flower Power.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tiffany Todd said...

Absolutely beautiful, Mary Emerson.
Mrs. Fitch (Henry's Mom)