Saturday, February 28, 2009

Writing and Pictures


I got a fold up easel for my 6th birthday. I love it a lot. I use it to draw pictures and practice my writing and spelling. I wrote a poem for my Mom and Dad last weekend, and I drew a picture of a giraffe. Mom added the baby giraffe. I am still learning how to spell, so my Mom will interpret the poem for you:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
But nobody is more specialer than you.

I also use and dry erase board to practice drawing and writing. I use this all the time. I have a lot of colored markers to use with the board. I can take it wherever I want. My teacher gave me a board for Christmas, but I left it at Nanny's house so Dad bought me one for our house to use until I get my first one back. It is so much fun. I drew a picture of Aerial, a giraffe, and wrote about my Mom. It says:

I love Mom.
Mom loves me.
Mom loves to read.
Mom cooks dinner.
Mom loves to play with Sorry Sliders.
Mom makes me smile.
Mom is special to me.

pictures were taken by my Mom

2 comments:

Julie Nolte Owen said...

I love your poems and your drawings. It sounds like you really like learning new things at school and practicing them at home.

Flower Power said...

Cool poems, Freckles.I also like your drawings.They look really nice.